Friday, June 19, 2009

Big Plans Coming for the Trop

Stop me if you have heard this one before ... the Tropicana is planning a huge makeover. Yeah, fool me once shame on you. Fool me, what, for like 834 times, well shame on me.

Forgive me again, but I want to believe it this time. Former MGM Grand executive Alex Yemenidjian has been granted a gaming license to run the Tropicana. From the Las Vegas Sun:

Yemenidjian promised new slot machines, restaurants, a race and sports book, poker room and a nightclub for the property and “no corporate liposuction” by laying off employees.


For starters, awesome news on the layoffs. Or lack of layoffs. The staff at the Tropicana is wonderful.

The best news is the potential sports book. The Tropicana has needed one for a long time. The current "sports book" is akin to watching game in a mobile home. If only it was that nice.

A new poker room would be welcome, too. They mysteriously closed the old one. Which kind of sucks because they had a pretty fun tournament there most nights. Much nicer than say, the poker room at Hooters.

But as stated in the lede, we've heard all of this before about the Tropicana. I hope we won't be fooled again.

No comments: